Monday 26 October 2009

Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all


I dragged Dave and Shun to see Mumford & Sons in Kentish Town last weekend - all the plaid-clad hipster kids were there.

Their sound is insane. I haven't felt this strongly about an album since Kings of Leon's Only by the Night. It stirs all the atoms in my body, from brains to entrails, and I get that electric feeling that my skin is too small a container for all the elation inside. Marcus Mumford has a voice that could move planets. Nothing major.

They were the first of three bands to play that night and there is no polite way of describing the way the following acts were received, in contrast to the sheer frenzy Mumford & Co caused.

If you need a mental image, picture herding thousands of high school girls in a room, waiting til it got real quiet, then screaming "Twilight".

See what I mean?

Peep these incredibly high-res pictures from my iPhone and feel the energy.

No comments: